August 7, 2008
Liz Seymour Creates New, Powerful Signature Song: Still Hurting
Life can surprise you, can't it? Those little gems that you weren't expecting. Those deep emotional places we each go to at specific times in our lives, those places that hurt us yet make us stronger when we grow through them.
Liz has been asked to rest after two very productive days in the recording studio, so I'm back writing. She and Gina have really been cranking out the songs and it's nearly time to add the final instrumentation and go for the final wrap. And then next week we're in Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, and the Grand Canyon for one of our music videos (wow… so much to do, and it's all very exciting!).
Creating a CD takes MANY things: song choice, a great set of artists working closely together, a supportive studio with an encouraging engineer, and snacks – lots of snacks (oops, maybe those are just what are important to me!).
And then to market the CD, it takes an even longer list… and I'll write about that at another time.
Liz did most of the song choice herself and then checked with Gina, Claudia, Josh, Brian, and others. She has a passion for the music she sings so coming up with ONLY 12 was difficult.
Liz has had several "Signature Songs" over the years including "Gimme Gimme" from Thoroughly Modern Millie (with which she won Miss West Chester University in 2004), "Fade To Blue" which Leanne Rimes made famous (which Liz sang throughout high school – she and Leanne are about the same age), and quite a few others.
She seems to gravitate to songs which tell a story and often get you cheering right along with her OR which rip your heart out.
And I predict a new, powerful, emotional Signature Song will emerge for Liz: "I'm Still Hurting" which will be on her new CD.
She has a passion for the lyrics here. She has a command of Jason Robert Brown's emotion. And Liz will connect with every woman (and perhaps every man) who has ever loved and had it not live up to the dream we each have in our hearts.
I can't share much of this with you… it wouldn't be fair to the song until it is fully mixed, but on this day when we are NOT in the studio, I wanted to give you a real treat – you can say you heard it here first, BEFORE it became a Liz Seymour Signature Song.
So here's just a snippet of the emotional, heart-wrenching: "I'm Still Hurting."
Please remember – the sound here is only from the small mics on the video camera, you aren't hearing the final orchestration nor the final mix, but you ARE hearing and seeing the emotion with which Liz attacks this power-packed musical number. She's drained each time she sings it… and I can't wait for you to get the CD so you can hear the final version.
It gets to me – I can't look at Liz after she sings it without tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat: she rips my heart into pieces every time.
Get Flash to see this player.
Liz's Busy Life In Words and Videos
- Liz Seymour and Chris McBride Engaged
- News Of Delaware County Profiles Singer Liz Seymour
- Broadway Star Alison Fraser Likes Singer Liz Seymour
- Main Line Today Magazine Announces Liz Seymour as an MLT MUST in 2009
- Metropolitan Bakery announced as Main Line Today Magazine MLT MUST in 2009, along with Liz Seymour
- Patti LaBelle is Main Line Today's MLT Must in 2009, Joining Liz Seymour
- Disney World Celebrates Liz Seymour and Her CD Release: Liz Seymour - That Thing Called Love
- Gina Giachero and Liz Seymour Share Award From Record Company
- Congressman Joe Sestak Congratulates Liz Seymour On Her CD Release
- Governor Ed Rendell Congratulates Liz Seymour On The Release Of Her CD
- Swarthmore Mayor Proclaims Liz Seymour CD Release Day in Swarthmore, PA USA
- Thanksgiving 5K Race for Liz Seymour and Family
- Main Line Today Magazine Names Liz Seymour A MUST For January
- Swarthmore's Home For The Holidays Features Liz Seymour
- Josh Young Stars in Hairspray at Walnut Street Theatre and on Liz's Seymour's New CD
- Liz Seymour Releases Her New CD: Liz Seymour - That Thing Called Love
- Liz Seymour Releases Isn’t This Better, Maybe This Time / Sleepy Man From Her New CD Liz Seymour - That Thing Called Love
- Philadelphia Phillies Win World Series - Singer Liz Seymour Celebrates With Music Video Salute
- Liz Seymour Releases Say The Word and Waiting For Life From Her New CD Liz Seymour - That Thing Called Love
- Liz Seymour Releases I've Been Here Before and It's Never That Easy plus Taylor The Latte Boy
- Liz Seymour at the Swarthmore Presbyterian Church Fall Fair 2008
- Liz Seymour Sings A Tribute To The Philadelphia Phillies, National League Champions
- Liz Seymour Stars In Gimme Gimme Music Video
- Liz Seymour and Columbus Day Weekend
- Liz Seymour Releases As Long As You're Mine and That's How You Know From Her New CD
- Liz Seymour and the circle of life
- Liz Seymour closes Seussical... or does she?
- Liz Seymour Closes Seussical, Announces Cabaret on Saturday, October 11, 2008
- Liz Seymour Highlighted By Range Recording Studios
- Liz Seymour and Bapa - WHERE Did She Find This 86-Year Old Actor?
- Liz Seymour's Busy Weekend - Music Video and Seussical
- Dan Kennedy, Bill Glazer, Mike Capuzzi, and Liz Seymour: Marketing A CD
- Liz Seymour as Mayzie in Seussical
- Liz Seymour - That Thing Called Love CD Progress Report
- Liz Seymour - What I Did The Summer Of 2008
- Liz Seymour and Gina Giachero Prepare For Another Week In The Studio
- Liz Seymour enjoying the last full week of August
- Liz Seymour is back at School Teaching
- Liz Seymour at the Grand Canyon... with Felix
- Liz Seymour Sings with Britney Spears, Prince, and Tom Jones then Marries George Clooney
- Liz Seymour: Vegas At Night
- Liz Seymour is now home from Vegas
- Liz Seymour in Las Vegas 2008
- Charlie Seymour Jr says Follow Me On Twitter While In Vegas
- Liz Seymour Creates New, Powerful Signature Song: Still Hurting
- Liz Seymour and Claudia Carlsson - Two Powerhouse Singers Join Together For Liz Seymour's CD
- Liz Seymour and Josh Young Start Liz Seymour's CD (That Thing Called Love) at Range Studios
- Liz Seymour at CD rehearsal
- Liz Seymour reflects: sometimes you need a day off!
- Long CD day
- Liz Seymour takes a quick trip to New Jersey Shore with her friends
- Liz Seymour, Gina, Mary, Bob, Intern Staff, and Campers at YPTW Theater Day Camp 2008
- Liz Seymour at Theater Day Camp
- Liz Seymour at the Outlets and a Wedding
- Decisions, Decisions
- On a search for a recording studio
- Liz Seymour Reflects about YPTW Overnight Camp
- Liz Seymour at YPTW Summer Camp 2008
- PALCS Graduation
- The ER - Liz's trip to the hospital for her kidney stone
- The Phillies, Tufts University Night, and Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter
- The YPTW follow spot
- Liz Seymour Has Kidney Stones
- Song Instrumentation
Subscribe To My Blog
Subscribe to this site's RSS feed.