October 13, 2008
Liz Seymour and Columbus Day Weekend
It has been a busy weekend!
The weekend started with cleaning my apartment on Friday afternoon. You'll soon see this was a common theme this weekend. HA! Friday night also included having friends over for dinner, which was really fun.
On Saturday, a friend from high school returned to Young People's Theatre Workshop (www.yptw.org) to do a master class with one of the acting classes. The master class was a glimpse into the work of comedy and improv. It was a really great class and the kids did a great job. Improv and warm up games that are associated with it can be intimidating because you have to really let go and open yourself up. They were super!
Later that night, I returned to the theater to do a cabaret. I didn't really comprehend how much I was singing until I got the order of the night. I was really honored to be so featured and I think the night went really well. The next day, I joined some of my YPTW students at Plush Mills, a retirement home near the theater, to entertain an older generation through song. I love doing performances like that because the audience really appreciates it, even if you don't get the direct feedback like you would at a traditional theatrical performance.
When I returned home on Sunday after the performance, I did more cleaning and tried to nurse my clogged kitchen sink back to health. The plunger and draino haven't seemed to take affect yet, but time will tell. I also vacuumed, which was a chore that went to the wayside due to all my CD work and Seussical performances.
I have the day off today due to Christopher Columbus day. I allowed myself to stay in bed longer and just rest. I did some email and laundry and then decided to go for a walk at my local park. I've learned over the past year that I really need to take care of myself by doing things just for me. I tend to be a bit more maternal and try to take care of everyone around me first. As I walked, I listened to my ipod on the shuffle setting to allow all the many genres to mix. Spending time alone with my ipod and the open air really lets me be self reflective, which is funny because I'm taking a graduate education course on that right now, so I've been doing a lot of reflective thinking as a teacher, but today I could focus just on me. I'm glad to see how far I've come and glad to see that I've now surrounded myself with people that really care about me and encourage me to do things to take care of myself.
So, on this CC Day, I think I've made good use of my time off. I really needed to get back to my household chores to feel good about where I live, and I needed to take some time out just to think about life, as corny as that may seem.
Liz's Busy Life In Words and Videos
- Liz Seymour and Chris McBride Engaged
- News Of Delaware County Profiles Singer Liz Seymour
- Broadway Star Alison Fraser Likes Singer Liz Seymour
- Main Line Today Magazine Announces Liz Seymour as an MLT MUST in 2009
- Metropolitan Bakery announced as Main Line Today Magazine MLT MUST in 2009, along with Liz Seymour
- Patti LaBelle is Main Line Today's MLT Must in 2009, Joining Liz Seymour
- Disney World Celebrates Liz Seymour and Her CD Release: Liz Seymour - That Thing Called Love
- Gina Giachero and Liz Seymour Share Award From Record Company
- Congressman Joe Sestak Congratulates Liz Seymour On Her CD Release
- Governor Ed Rendell Congratulates Liz Seymour On The Release Of Her CD
- Swarthmore Mayor Proclaims Liz Seymour CD Release Day in Swarthmore, PA USA
- Thanksgiving 5K Race for Liz Seymour and Family
- Main Line Today Magazine Names Liz Seymour A MUST For January
- Swarthmore's Home For The Holidays Features Liz Seymour
- Josh Young Stars in Hairspray at Walnut Street Theatre and on Liz's Seymour's New CD
- Liz Seymour Releases Her New CD: Liz Seymour - That Thing Called Love
- Liz Seymour Releases Isn’t This Better, Maybe This Time / Sleepy Man From Her New CD Liz Seymour - That Thing Called Love
- Philadelphia Phillies Win World Series - Singer Liz Seymour Celebrates With Music Video Salute
- Liz Seymour Releases Say The Word and Waiting For Life From Her New CD Liz Seymour - That Thing Called Love
- Liz Seymour Releases I've Been Here Before and It's Never That Easy plus Taylor The Latte Boy
- Liz Seymour at the Swarthmore Presbyterian Church Fall Fair 2008
- Liz Seymour Sings A Tribute To The Philadelphia Phillies, National League Champions
- Liz Seymour Stars In Gimme Gimme Music Video
- Liz Seymour and Columbus Day Weekend
- Liz Seymour Releases As Long As You're Mine and That's How You Know From Her New CD
- Liz Seymour and the circle of life
- Liz Seymour closes Seussical... or does she?
- Liz Seymour Closes Seussical, Announces Cabaret on Saturday, October 11, 2008
- Liz Seymour Highlighted By Range Recording Studios
- Liz Seymour and Bapa - WHERE Did She Find This 86-Year Old Actor?
- Liz Seymour's Busy Weekend - Music Video and Seussical
- Dan Kennedy, Bill Glazer, Mike Capuzzi, and Liz Seymour: Marketing A CD
- Liz Seymour as Mayzie in Seussical
- Liz Seymour - That Thing Called Love CD Progress Report
- Liz Seymour - What I Did The Summer Of 2008
- Liz Seymour and Gina Giachero Prepare For Another Week In The Studio
- Liz Seymour enjoying the last full week of August
- Liz Seymour is back at School Teaching
- Liz Seymour at the Grand Canyon... with Felix
- Liz Seymour Sings with Britney Spears, Prince, and Tom Jones then Marries George Clooney
- Liz Seymour: Vegas At Night
- Liz Seymour is now home from Vegas
- Liz Seymour in Las Vegas 2008
- Charlie Seymour Jr says Follow Me On Twitter While In Vegas
- Liz Seymour Creates New, Powerful Signature Song: Still Hurting
- Liz Seymour and Claudia Carlsson - Two Powerhouse Singers Join Together For Liz Seymour's CD
- Liz Seymour and Josh Young Start Liz Seymour's CD (That Thing Called Love) at Range Studios
- Liz Seymour at CD rehearsal
- Liz Seymour reflects: sometimes you need a day off!
- Long CD day
- Liz Seymour takes a quick trip to New Jersey Shore with her friends
- Liz Seymour, Gina, Mary, Bob, Intern Staff, and Campers at YPTW Theater Day Camp 2008
- Liz Seymour at Theater Day Camp
- Liz Seymour at the Outlets and a Wedding
- Decisions, Decisions
- On a search for a recording studio
- Liz Seymour Reflects about YPTW Overnight Camp
- Liz Seymour at YPTW Summer Camp 2008
- PALCS Graduation
- The ER - Liz's trip to the hospital for her kidney stone
- The Phillies, Tufts University Night, and Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter
- The YPTW follow spot
- Liz Seymour Has Kidney Stones
- Song Instrumentation
Subscribe To My Blog
Subscribe to this site's RSS feed.